Wednesday, July 25, 2012

AI VS X-FACTOR: CAREY VS SPEARS

So, it’s finally been confirmed. Mariah Carey will be the new American Idol judge. Her contract was settled at a massive $15million for the season only weeks after Simon Cowell offered her the same money to be a judge on the American X-factor, before signing Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
So the real question is which show will come out on top. Last year American Idol won in the war on ratings, as X-factor failed to pull in the amount of viewers hoped. But with two new judges in the mix, I think X-factor will come out on top this year.

Britney Spears will be fantastic for the show, he fan base is huge, and I can't think of anyone better for job. She has been in the business since the age of 15, and knows her stuff, however the only worry is that she will be too 'nice' and wont voice her true opinion.


Although Demi Lovato is a huge star in America, I'm slightly concerned that she doesn’t have enough experience to be taken seriously as a judge. I would have preferred to have seen someone like Miley Cyrus in the role, however my opinion might change as I view the show.
Where American Idol is concerned, I think Mariah Carey could be great for the show. For the past two seasons I think the show has been let down by the choice of judges, and I'm hoping Mariah could bring something new and fresh to the show. Simon Cowell will undoubtedly be gutted by Carey's choice to sign with Idol, as he was very outspoken about the fact that he wanted her on the X-Factor panel.

Another judge is still to be named for the upcoming season of American Idol, whilst X-factor has already completed its audition stages of the show.

I can't wait to tune in to both shows, but I must admit, I'm secretly rooting for the X-Factor.
The American X-Factor Judges

No comments:

Post a Comment