Thursday, October 11, 2012

How To Repair Damaged Nails.

I love having my nails done, and almost always have acrylic nails, but after a while of having them on, my nails always feel really badly damaged. As a way of trying to keep my nails in better condition I researched ways to repair damaged nails and here are some of the top tips I found. 
 
Firstly, if you are like me, and have acrylic nails, remove them the right way. Soak them in acetone nail polish to soften them and remove using clippers. Better yet, have them professionally removed, but whatever you do don't crack them or peel them off. I have been guilty of not removing my acrylics properly before, and caused my nails a lot of damage, so always remove them properly.
 
Once you have removed your acrylics, start with the basics; file your nails back into a normal shape using an emery board.

Next, improve the surface of your nails by buffing them. You can do this using a 4-sided buffer. Your buffer will have numbers on each side, telling you the order in which to use each side.

Apply a drop of cuticle oil to each nail. Use the thumb of your opposite hand, and a circular motion to massage the oil into nails and cuticles. If you have had acrylics on, it is not recommended to push down your cuticles, as your nails will be too fragile, wait at least a week for your nails to recover before you do this.
Wipe your nails dry and then you can paint your nails with a clear or tinted polish with a nail strengthener. Leave your nails at least a few weeks if you are thinking about getting acrylics done again, otherwise your nails don’t have time to recover and they will just get weaker and become even more damaged.


If you are sick of the damage acrylics do to your nails, try Gellish or Shellac, they are much less harsh on your own nails, but still leave your nails looking gorgeous.
Recommended Products.

1. Stylfile by Tom Pellereau.
2.
Opi Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil.
3) Opi Natural Nail Strengthener


1 comment:

  1. Hey, you're in my most recent post for a Liebster Award! beautyshaker-x.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete