Monday, October 1, 2012

Lee Stafford Products Reviewed

I don’t know about everyone else, but my hair is an absolute nightmare to keep straight during the autumn and winter months. My hair just turns to one big frizzy mess at the first sign of moisture in the air, so I looked around for some products to help keep my hair straight during the winter.

I’ve always known about Lee Stafford’s products and I have tried his brunette range before, but I had never tried his poker straight, and climate control ranges, so I thought I would give them a try.

I bought the Poker straight shampoo and conditioner that promise straighten hair, along with the climate control hairspray that is said to be an ‘umbrella for the hair’ in all weather conditions, and protects the hair from frizz.


The idea was that by combining the two, I would end up with poker straight hair that would last all day long, regardless of the weather conditions.

When I first used the Poker straight shampoo, I wasn’t expecting the glue-like texture and at first I was a bit worried about using it, but once I had massaged it into my hair, it lathered up nicely and it smells lovely, it has a really salon smell about it and as weird as that sounds, it made me feel more confident in the product. After I rinsed out the shampoo and I used the conditioner, which is gorgeous! You can tell as your rubbing it into your scalp that it’s going to leave you with super shiny/glossy looking hair and that’s exactly what it did.

One thing I really like about the poker straight shampoo and conditioner is that they have P2FIFTY Complex in which helps to protect your hair from heat damage. The bottom of my hair is quite damaged from dying too much, so I’m always looking for products that prevent my hair from further damage, so I love that my hair is getting extra heat protection from my shampoo and conditioner.

After I had blow-dried and straightened my hair, I sprayed my hair with the‘Climate control’ hair spray. The bottle says that ‘like water off a ducks back, this little hair m8 keeps hair looking gr8, when the climate wants to go Haywire’. If I’m being really honest, I didn’t expect a lot from this product, I’ve used so many other sprays to help tame my hair during the autumn and winter, and none seem to have worked, BUT, this climate control spray, is amazing! It doesn’t make your hair go sticky and hard like some ‘extra hold’hair sprays do, it’s just a light mist that falls nicely on your hair.

I go to uni in Huddersfield, but I live in Leeds, so I do a lot of travelling and walking, so I knew the trip to uni would be a great test for these products. I usually start the morning with my hair looking straight and by the time I’ve got to uni, my hair has kinks and has started to curl round my face and flick out. However, I noticed a real difference once I’d started using the Poker straight shampoo and conditioner along with the spray. I’m not going to lie, my hair didn’t stay perfectly straight, but it wasn’t far off. On a normal day I will go over my hair with the straighteners maybe two or three times, but since I’ve been using the Lee Stafford products, I haven’t felt the need to.

I would completely recommend these products to anyone who has the same hair troubles as me. I was extremely impressed by them, and although they aren’t the cheapest of hair products, they are certainly, in my opinion, worth the money and a lot of the time they are on 3 for 2 at Boots.

As far as I’m aware, Lee Stafford products are ONLY available in Boots. The poker straight Shampoo and Conditioner were £5.49 each and the climate control spray was £5.99.

The poker straight range is huge, and you can get a number of other different products, such as a dehumidifier (which I really want to try) a flat iron protect, shine serum and a conditioning treatment.

Lee Stafford does a number of other hair care ranges such as the ‘Bleach blonde’ range, ‘My big fat healthy hair’ and a range for hair growth.

Thanks for reading. I hope you like my blog. Xo








8 comments:

  1. I have only ever tried the hair growth treatment from Lee Stafford and it's amazing. The poker straight range sounds great too , I could do with the heat protection. Thanks for following me I knew I had to check your blog out when you said you love E! Me too!! xx

    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog checkout min at
    http://www.definingwords.blogspot.com
    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog :) x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great product. I love your review, very detailed and personal :D I've recently been using the Hair Growth range and love it :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Appreciate that.

      Following your blog xo

      Delete
  5. Fab review might have to give this a try :)

    Lovely blog! Would love if you could check mine out and maybe follow each other  http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, It's really good stuff. :)

      Thanks for the comment, I'm now following your blog. xo

      Delete
  6. your hair looks pretty and straight in the picture, so will try out the shampoo and conditioner products, and the bleach blonde cause i heard it gets yellow tinges out of hair? x

    ReplyDelete