Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Celebrity hair extensions: The good and bad.


So I have recently been thinking about getting hair extensions, as I'm so sick of my own hair. I want to add some thickness to my hair and I've been researching different brands. As I researched, I came across loads of pictures of celebrities with bad extensions, so this got me thinking if it was really a good idea.

So..I've come up with a list of the best and worst celebrity hair extensions to help me make my decision.

THE BEST.


THE KARDASHIAN SISTERS: I think three of the best examples of really good hair extensions are the Kardashian sisters. Kim's hair always looks so flawless, she has really good, thick extensions, and for a while I didn’t even realise that it wasn’t all her own hair. She wears her hair is so many different styles, and not once have you ever been able to tell she has extensions.





 

MILEY CYRUS:Miley also has naturally thick hair, so needs thick extensions. Her hair always looks in fabulous condition, really shiny and well looked after. Her hair stylist adds multiple shades of brown extensions to her hair instead of using one block colour, this compliments your hairs natural highlights/lowlights and gives your hair more gloss and shine.



 JESSICA SIMPSON:Jessica's hair extensions look so good that she even has her own brand of hair extensions, so we can all have amazing hair like hers...(yeah right) Unlike a lot of celebrities with hair extensions, Jessica doesn’t have hers too long. The danger of having your hair extensions too long is that they begin to look tired and frayed at the ends, by keeping her extensions shorter, she keeps the fullness to her hair, and stops her extensions looking fake.


 
THE WORST.

 KATIE PRICE.Although Katie Price always has full, thick extensions, since she went blonde, I think her hair always looks greasy at the root, and dry and fake looking towards the tips. She styles her hair so much that it looks like her extensions are in really bad condition, and when she ties her hair up on top of her head, you can really tell the difference between actual hair, and her hair extensions.
Thankfully she has now gone back to her darker, more natural looking hair, and her extensions are looking a lot better.


 
PARIS HILTON.Paris Hilton has naturally thin hair, which makes having realistic looking hair extensions, hard. She also has them way too long, and doesn’t have them cut into a style, which means they just hang there, without having any real movement in them, like natural hair does. I think Paris looks much better with short hair, it makes her hair look a lot thicker and instantly gives it a more glossy look.


 
BRITNEY SPEARS. I am one of Britney's biggest fans, but I can't deny the fact that in the past, she has had terrible hair extensions. We all remember when Britney shaved her head and then decided to add hair extensions using the fusion method to add length to her short hair. Unfortunately the mismatch in colour and the visible extensions fused at the root did not become a good look for her. Thankfully she has now turned a corner and her hair is looking so much better lately.





After looking at some of these pictures...I think I might just stick to the clip in extensions, atleast that way my hair wont get damaged, and I can always take them out!

11 comments:

  1. The blog is absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog,looking forward for more contents...Great job, keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I have been searching in many websites and I finally found it here. Amazing article. I am so impressed. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it. I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects. hair ekstensions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good site! I guess whether it is friendly to my eyes it really is. | I was wondering how to be notified when a new post is made. I can do the trick you are subscribed to your feeds? ! Have a great day.billige extensions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,These hair extensions are looking amazing.I love your style
    need more details about hår extension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as a careful browse I thought it was really enlightening. I take pleasure in you taking the time and effort to put this blog post together. I once again discover me personally spending way to much time both reading and leaving comments.

    hår extension

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.
    cheap hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really its a great blog about the hair extensions which is most searchable by people all over the world. But if you want to read my blog then visit our sites. Celebrity Hair Colorist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post I was actually doing some research on this just now and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing post showing when things go bad bet they dont take care of it as they have no time for that i guess

    ReplyDelete