Monday, November 5, 2012

Stay tanned throughout winter: The best fake tans.

So I don’t know about the rest of you, but I simply refuse to be pale just because it’s the winter. I always like to have a bit of colour and I fake tan probably twice a week. I have recently become a bit bored of the fake tan I’m using, I’ve been using it for a while now, (mainly because it’s cheap) so I feel like it’s time to explore more tanning products. So what’s on the market?


Fake Bake.
I have used Fake Bake products before, mainly the sprays and they do send you a really nice colour, but sometimes I used to go way too dark and I would end up looking a bit daft. I would however, like to try their newest product which is a 60 Minutes Self Tan Liquid. Its £24.50 and they said it’s a ‘revolutionary, express, self-tan liquid which develops into a beautiful, natural looking tan in 60 minutes’. You can keep it on for an extra hour if you want an even darker tan, but I think just 60 minutes would be better for a more natural looking tan.



St Tropez.
I have never used St Tropez before but my mum’s friend uses it all the time, and she has such a good a colour. It gives her a really natural glow so that you wouldn’t know she was wearing fake tan. It also smells quite good compared to some fake tans. St Tropez now have a wash off range which I think is great for if you’re going to an event or party but you don’t want a long lasting tan. You can currently get the full wash off range set for £32 on the St Tropez website.





Xen Tan.
I NEED TO TRY THIS! Everyone is always raving about Xen Tan, and I always say I’m going to buy it, but just haven’t got round to it yet. One thing that does put me off using Xen tan is that it looks really dark and I’m slightly worried I would end up looking like an idiot. Theres some great offers online at the moment for Xen Tan. You can get the gradual/light set for £29, it includes the tanning lotion, along with a mitt and body scrub.






Moisturising tans.
The idea is great…but I am yet to find one that works for me, and gives me a decent colour. The first tanning product I ever used was Johnsons moisturising tan, and it literally made me yellow. I was really disappointed in it, and I haven’t bought it since.
Dove is slightly better, but not much, I like to be able to see a real difference when I apply my fake tan, and with tan moisturisers you can’t.


The fake tan I’m most excited about getting my hands on is Laurens Way. Over the past days I have been reading up on it, and no-one seems to have a bad word to say about it. So this is going to be my next fake tan purchase.  You can either by the moose, the spray bottle, or the gradual tanning lotion. I think I’m going to go for the moose and it’s probably the most easy to apply. You can also buy a body polish that prepares your skin for tanning. I can’t wait to order it all!!




Thanks for reading
What's your favorite fake tan?
xo

5 comments:

  1. Fake Bake is a babe! Have you tried Flawless? It's amazing, a really really lovely colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no I haven't, I will have to give it a go though. Thanks for your comment :) xxx

      Delete
  2. The product seems to be awesome but I want to ask one thing that are their any side-effects of this product. Because previously I used a fake tan product which changed the color of my skin to orange....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are various online sources to provide you informative details on this topic, but this is one is very helpful

    Best Fake Tan

    ReplyDelete