Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Highlighting pens. The new craze.


 So I'm always interested in learning new tricks and tips on how to get flawless looking skin. Recently a number of different celebrities including Kim Kardashian and Lauren Goodger have been sharing their make-up secrets and it seems like the new 'it' product for fabulous looking skin is the Lumi Magique highlighter pen by L'Oreal. So I went out and bought one myself to see what all the fuss was about, and I have to say, I love it.

In a recent article in 'Closer' magazine, Lauren Goodger did a 'Get my look' page, with a 5 step guide on how she applies her make-up and gets her skin looking so gorgeous. She uses the 'Lumi' pen as part of her day to day make-up routine, to highlight sections of her skin to give herself a natural looking glow.

Here are the steps below.

1) Apply your base:
Apply a skin matching foundation, I personally would recommend MAC foundation. I recently bought some, and it gives fantastic coverage, now I've used MAC, I don't think I could ever go back to using other brands.

2) After applying your foundation, define your features with bronzer under your cheekbones. Any bronzer will do, just make sure its not too dark and you don't apply too much. Then use a dab of pink blusher over your cheek apples.

3) Next it's time to use the 'Lumi pen' draw stripes along the brow, cheek creases and chin, draw a 'V' shape on your forehead and dots under the eyes and along the cheekbones, then blend with your fingers to give you a natural looking glow. You can then apply the rest of your make-up as normal.

In the past I've tried to follow make-up tutorials and I've never been able to re-create the look I was trying to copy, however, the Lumi pen is so easy to use, and it really does give you amazing looking skin, and a wonderful glow.


Kim Kardashian recently tweeted some pictures of herself getting her make-up done, using the same techniques as Lauren Goodger, and her skin is always flawless. In my opinion the 'Lumi Pen' is a MUST have, and its only £8.49!





You can buy the 'Lumi Pen by L'Oreal at Boots, Superdrug, and supermarkets selling L'Oreal make-up.


xxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment