Monday, October 8, 2012

Essie Nail Polish.



I recently came across Essie Nail Polish whilst having a browse around boots a few weeks ago. I heard two girls about the same age as me talking about how fantastic it was and as I LOVE to try out different nail polishes; I thought I would give Essie a shot.


They have some gorgeous colours, and they all look so thick and creamy, and although the design on the bottle is quite simple, I like that about it, it looks simple and elegant. Each colour has also been given a really fun playful name, I really like that about Essie, I feel like it adds something extra to the brand and gives it a unique quality.
They aren’t cheap at £7.95 a bottle, but neither are all the other high end quality brands like O.P.I and Rococo. The Essie brand has over 200 different shades, but thankfully boots onlly had about 50. It took me ages to decide which to buy, but I eventually decided on two. 'Sand Tropez' and 'Pink a boo'.



 
The first colour I decided to use was 'Sand Tropez' as I was going for classy look. Although the colour looked gorgeous in the bottle, I did have to use more than one coat to get my nails looking the colour in the bottle. However, after the second coat, my nails looked fantastic and even though I had applied two coats, my nails didn’t seem to take too long to dry, which is always good for when you’re in a rush.

Once dry my nails looked super glossy and I was really pleased, I kept the colour on for about 4 days, and thoughout this period I never had to re-apply the colour. It didn't chip or scratch, and my nails stayed looking glossy.
If you’re like me and you already have a huge collection of Nail apparel, then you should definitely give Essie a try, their collection of colours is huge, and if you’re looking for something a bit more subtle for autumn and winter, they have just launched a collection especially for this season.

Even the stars have been talking about Essie, Rochelle Humes (The Saturdays) recently tweeted a picture of her nails with a bright yellow Essie shade on.  
Rochelle Humes‏@RochelleTheSats  ‘My new fav nail colour. Inspired by @millybymichelle show yesterday #nyfw love the lime xxx’


Thanks for reading. Hope you like my blog. xo

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the Essie nail polish before and never have tried it...I will have to try now!
    Gigi xoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely try it.

      Thanks for your comment.xo

      Delete