Monday, January 14, 2013

Sleep-In Rollers, Tried and Tested.

I have been, for months now, SO excited to get some sleep-in rollers. I had heard some great things about them and after watching several tutorials on YouTube I finally bought them a few weeks ago.

Now, I’ve never used rollers before, so I was new to the whole thing, but after watching a tutorial on YouTube I was ready to give them a go.

First of all, it’s always better to use them on clean hair.
I personally would recommend that it’s left damp as it makes it easier to section and get your hair neatly into each roller. For big bouncy curls, you want to roll your hair clockwise, and if you want a more flicked effect roll anti-clockwise.
I wanted the big bouncy effect so I rolled all my hair clockwise.

Once the rollers were in and secured, I got ready for bed. Now…I don’t know about anyone else who has tried them, but, I found them very hard to sleep in and I was really disappointed. I mean…I knew they were never going to be super comfortable, but they do run with the tag line ‘Goodbye Sleepless nights, Hello great hair’. The first time I used them, I ended up waking up at 1 in the morning and taking them all out because I was getting so frustrated. However…I think with a  bit of getting used to, I would be able to sleep better.

Although they aren’t that easy to sleep in, they do make your hair look great, and I loved how big and bouncy my hair was when I finally managed to sleep with them in all night.  I’ve recently started just putting them in the top section of my hair for a bit of volume. This way, they don’t get in the way when you’re sleeping, but you are still left with great volume, so for anyone who hasn’t used rollers before, I would recommend doing this first to get used to them.

Sleep-In Rollers cost £17.95. With that you get 20 rollers, which for most, would be more than enough.  They also come in a really cute pink draw-string bag that you can use for overnight stays at a friend’s house. Loads of Celebs have been spotted out in their Sleep-In Rollers, Amy Child's being one of them. She has now created her own purple design for Sleep-In Rollers. There is loads to choose from on the website, so if your not sure what to buy visit
http://www.sleepinrollers.com/

Also, if you are unsure how to fit your rollers, watch Hollie Wakeham on Youtube, she's a great help.  Youtube.com/pampurlounge.

Have you used sleep-in rollers before? If so, what did you think?

Thank You for reading. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment